The Membership and Member Services Committee stands to directly serve the membership by monitoring and establishing projects to serve the membership as needed. Specifically, the committee:
- Monitors the recruitment and retention of members
- Conducts a biannual member needs assessment
- Promotes and publicizes member programs and benefits
- Ensures programs encompass the concerns and needs of the general membership as well as specific member groups.
The committee meets its obligations by focusing on the following priorities:
- Foster communication among the membership and investigate means for continued improvement.
- Inform the membership of the activities of the MMSC via reports in the USAFP newsletter.
- Work with the Education Committee in implementing USAFP/AAFP policies re: member CME requirements.
- Serve as ombudsman for member concerns.
- Coordinate avenues to increase membership and marketing of benefits within and outside the USAFP.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the USAFP Officers and Board of Directors.
- Develop and conduct member surveys as needed. The primary purpose is a needs assessment, but the survey may be modified to include other items at the direction of the Board. Unless otherwise specified, the survey should be completed and report available by the initial Board meeting of the Annual Meeting.
- Work with USAFP staff to oversee USAFP website content.
- Create, monitor and update mentorship program with the goal to match physician mentees and mentors.